Pitch competition terms
- By entering the SeedLegals Pitch competition, you agree to these competition terms. Promotional content about this competition, including all information about how to enter the competition, also forms part of these terms. If there’s any conflict between information in promotional content and these terms, these terms take precedence.
- The promoter of this competition is SeedLegals. You can contact us at email@example.com or by post at 296-302 High Holborn, Holborn, London WC1V 7JH
- The SeedLegals Pitch competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Your entry must be on behalf of a Limited Company of which you are a director, and the company must have been incorporated in the UK. We reserve the right to require you to prove you’re eligible to enter the competition including but not limited to providing documents to prove your trading status, residency and registration of the business. If a winner is found to be ineligible, we’ll award the prize to another entrant.
- To be eligible to enter this competition, your company must have advance assurance from HMRC that a proposed investment in your company meets the conditions of the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme.
- Employees of SeedLegals or any affiliated companies and their immediate families aren’t eligible to enter this competition.
- You do not need to be a past, current or prospective customer of SeedLegals to enter this competition.
- To enter the competition, you must post a video of 30 seconds or less on LinkedIn with the tag: #30secpitch, tag @SeedLegals and include the link to your Pitch page on SeedLegals. You must publish the post before the competition closing date (see below).
- You must post the 30 second pitch video on your personal LinkedIn page or your company’s LinkedIn page. We won’t accept entries submitted in any other way.
- When we receive your entry, we may contact you to ask to use your business details to promote the competition to other businesses.
- You must be satisfied with the level of protection you have for your business or idea before you enter this competition. If patent protections are appropriate for your business, you’re responsible for applying for patent protection for your idea. We recommend you take legal advice about how to protect your business.
- You agree that you’ve obtained all necessary rights and permissions from anyone who helped create and/or be featured in your entry.
- You agree that your entry complies with these terms, is your own original work and doesn’t include the work of a third party or if it does, that you’ve obtained all necessary rights and permissions in writing.
- Your post and 30 second pitch video must conform to LinkedIn’s publication guidelines.
- Your post and 30 second pitch video must not be a ‘financial promotion’ – see below.
- Your 30 second pitch video must not include trade-marks, logos or copyright-protected material which belong to SeedLegals or any third parties without permission in writing.
- We’ll reply to your post on LinkedIn to acknowledge your entry.
- We don’t accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any submitted entries, 30 second pitch videos or LinkedIn posts made in connection with this competition. We reserve our right to request the deletion of submitted entries and to claim damages (whether in contract, equity or otherwise) for liability arising from breach of our competition terms and/or resulting from participation in this competition.
- Your entry must not have a promotional element. It’s your responsibility to make sure your LinkedIn post and 30 second video don’t fall within the definition of a ‘financial promotion’. If you’re not sure, we recommend you seek legal advice.
Here is some information to help you make sure your post and 30 second pitch video are not financial promotions:
About financial promotions
The regulations about ‘financial promotions’ require that a person or organisation must not, in the course of business, communicate an invitation or inducement to engage in an investment activity, unless the promotion has been approved by an authorised person or an exemption applies. It’s against the law to make any unapproved financial promotion and in doing so you risk legal action and/or a fine.
To enter this competition, you should:
Judging & Prizes
- The competition starts at 00:01 GMT on 27 January 2022 and we must receive all entries by 23:59 GMT on the closing date of 24 February 2022.
- Our judges will select the winners of the competition by 3 March 2022. Our decision will be final. We’ll inform the winners by email and/or telephone in the week commencing 7 March 2022. If a winner hasn’t been in touch to claim their prize within seven days of our first contact, we reserve the right to award their prize to another entrant.
- If you’re a winner, you agree to allow us to announce your success and the prize awarded, and to use your details and photographs in our promotional content and/or on our website and social media.
- We’ll announce the winners of the competition on our website and social media in the week commencing 14 March 2022.
- Ten winners will each win 3 x 30 minute video-call meetings with investors:
1 x 30 minute meeting with Fuel Ventures
1 x 30 minute meeting with Haatch
1 x 30 minute meeting with SFC Capital
- SeedLegals will introduce each winner to the VCs by email. The winners will arrange the meetings directly with the VCs. SeedLegals takes no responsibility for the responses of the VCs or the outcome of the meetings. If the winner has difficulty communicating with a VC or arranging a meeting, they can email their SeedLegals contact who will investigate and if the issue can’t be resolved, introduce the winner to an alternative contact at the same firm.
- The prizes are non-transferable. We won’t give cash equivalents or alternative prizes.
- These terms are governed by English law and if there’s any dispute arising from these terms, English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute.