R&D Tax Credits prize draw terms
- By entering the SeedLegals R&D Tax Credit Claim draw, you agree to these competition terms. Promotional content about this competition, including all information about how to enter the competition, also forms part of these terms. If there’s any conflict between information in promotional content and these terms, these terms take precedence.
- The promoter of this competition is SeedLegals. You can contact us at [email protected]
- The SeedLegals R&D draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Your entry must be on behalf of a Limited Company of which you are a director, and the company must have been incorporated in the UK.
- To be eligible to enter this competition, your company must complete an R&D tax credit claim using the SeedLegals platform and submit for review to our team.
- We reserve the right to require you to prove you’re eligible to enter the competition including but not limited to providing documents to prove your trading status, residency and registration of the business. If a winner is found to be ineligible, we’ll award the prize to another entrant.
- Employees of SeedLegals or any affiliated companies and their immediate families aren’t eligible to enter this competition.
- You must be an existing customer of SeedLegals to enter this competition. By ‘existing customer’ we mean that you joined SeedLegals as a member before 1 September 2023 and/or purchased one or more services from SeedLegals before 1 September 2023.
- Your claim must be submitted to our team for review by 30 September 2023.
- Your eligibility for R&D tax credits or cashback is set out in the eligibility criteria published on gov.uk. You must meet these eligibility criteria in order to be eligible to participate in the SeedLegals R&D Tax Credit Claim draw.
- When you complete an R&D Tax Credits claim on the SeedLegals platform and submit it to our team for review between 1 September 2023 and the competition closing date (30 September 2023), we will automatically enter you into the prize draw.
- When you enter this draw, we may contact you to ask to use your business details to promote the draw.
- We reserve our right to claim damages (whether in contract, equity or otherwise) for any liability incurred by us from your breach of our competition terms.
The draw and prize
- One winner will win one fee-free R&D Tax Credit claim with SeedLegals. The fee for R&D Tax Credits services is 5% + VAT of the total tax benefit received by the claimant. The winner will not pay this fee.
- The competition opens at 00:01 BST on 1 September 2023 and closes at 23:59 BST on the closing date of 30 September 2023.
- We will pick a winner at random on 2 October 2023. Our decision will be final and not subject to appeals. We’ll inform the winner by email and/or telephone in the week commencing 2 October 2023. If a winner hasn’t been in touch to claim their prize within seven days of our first contact, we reserve the right to award their prize to another entrant.
- If you’re the winner, you agree to allow us to announce your company as the winner of this prize draw and the amount your company is awarded by HMRC, and to use your company name, logo and publicly available details and photographs in our promotional content and/or on our website and social media.
- We’ll announce the winner of the competition in our newsletter in the week commencing 9 October 2023.
- These terms are governed by English law and if there’s any dispute arising from these terms, English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute.