Abdul is a qualified lawyer at SeedLegals with significant experience in negotiating venture capital funding rounds.
Abdul graduated with a Law degree from the University of Cambridge before going on to practice law at global law firms Orrick and Goodwin. There, he helped innovative startups and global VC investors on early stage and growth stage fundraisings.
He has also guided companies on their exits to private equity purchasers and to strategic acquirers. We’ve listed some highlights below 👇
Outside work, Abdul enjoys pretending not to be lost while out hiking with his friends and family.
Before joining SeedLegals, Abdul represented:
- Plain, a London based startup developing an API-first tool to help companies provide streamlined support for customer teams, on its $6 million Seed fundraising.
- Better Dairy, a startup developing products that are molecularly identical to traditional dairy while removing animals entirely from the equation, on its $22 million Series A fundraising.
- Sensat, a digital twin infrastructure company (described as ‘Google Earth on steroids’) on its $20.5 million Series B financing led by National Grid Partners, the corporate venture and innovation arm of National Grid plc.
- Cleo, a Gen Z focused fintech, on its $80m Series C investment led by Sofina.
- Captify, a privacy-first search technology leader, on its sale to SFW Capital Partners.
- A private seller in the sale of a majority interest in a renewable energy company to an environmental infrastructure asset management company.
Investors and strategic acquirers
- Octopus Ventures on its Seed investment into Lvndr, a remote health-tech company designed by and for the LGBTQ+ communities.
- Creandum on its lead investment into the £8 million Seed fundraising of Packfleet, a carbon-neutral delivery company.
- Kennet Partners and Digital+ Partners (now Yttrium) on their $30 million equity investment into eStoreMedia, a SaaS which streamlines ecommerce.
- Multiple prolific UK VC investors on their numerous investments into Seed to Series B stage companies, including companies building in AI, health-tech, fintech and climate-tech.
- Multiple US VC investors on their investments into UK fintech and climate-tech companies.
- Aptean on its acquisition of LinkFresh Software.